Sometimes the answer to finding the right colon cleanse is in what we eat. A low-fat meal is a vital element that makes any colon cleanse diet effective.
While some foods are considered a remedy, sticking to a healthy diet plan can offer some support for your cleansing program.
The first dietary change should be excluding junk foods from your diet and opting to use the microwave to prepare your foods.
On the other hand, you need to know which foods to take that are specific to cleansing your colon. Here are some of the food that work wonders when it comes to cleansing the colon.
• Oranges are a known source of vitamin c, but that is not all they have to offer. Oranges are a good source of fiber and calcium. Fiber is important as it help with digestion. You just need to know how much fiber you need to cleanse your colon. So add some oranges in your diet and get fiber as well as some fluid from its juice, all of which work in support of the cleansing process.
• Apples are seemingly never a miss in most colon cleanse diets. These fruits are a good supply of fiber and health low-fat calories. If an apple a day will keep the doctor away, then you should really start making it a daily part of your diet.
Eating one apple a day gives you a quarter of the total amount of the fiber count that you will need. The juice from apples is low in sugar, which is the other unique reason why apples are very common in colon cleanse diets.
• Cooking seeds tends to lower the nutritional value of seeds. However, most people opt to cook seeds as opposed to taking them raw. Just imagine having different seeds in each meal you take.
This will see you have a good supply of protein, zinc, fiber, monounsaturated fat, and vitamin E among other minerals and important nutrients.
Some nuts will do wonder when taken to cleanse the colon. You might want to add walnuts, sesame seed, pistachios, cashew nuts, hazelnuts, hemp seeds, almonds, and sunflower seeds to your colon cleanse diet program.
• Avocados are the only fruits known to have the highest protein content. Avocados also have folate, potassium, fiber, and vitamin K. eating avocados offers you different health benefits those most of them are still not fully recorded.
However, it is a known fact that you will get enough proteins, 30% of the total fiber count you need, and a good supply of healthy fats.
• Many people are not aware that fermented foods offer some health benefits. For instance, the bacteria found in some of the common fermented foods is healthy.
The bacteria are important for a proper digestion process and not having enough of the bacteria in your diet many result in intestinal problems. So, if you are thinking of cheap foods that can help cleanse your colon, you might just find the answer in probiotic rich (fermented) foods such as yoghurt.
• Bananas are a common food type that people take but never really consider their health benefits. Colon cleanse diet programs never miss adding bananas.
They are a good supply of fiber, giving your around 17% of what you need to cleanse your colon. Other beneficial nutrients found in bananas is fructooligosaccharide that is encourage digestive bacteria to thrive in the intestines thus support a better digestion.
• Green vegetables, especially the leafy type are a good choice of food for cleansing the colon. Kales, spinach, and arugula among others make it into the list.
A meal of leafy greens offers your body a good supply of calcium, folic acid, calcium, antioxidants, vitamin C and K. so start loving that bowl of vegetable salad. Taking a green-shake that is not complete blended is also a viable alternative.
• Tomatoes are both vegetables and fruit. Whatever the case, they are a good source of fiber offering your body around 10% of the fiber count you need to cleanse your colon.
However, many people love tomatoes because they offer a rich supply of antioxidants and Vitamins, which are considered helpful in fighting colon cancer. Now add cleansing the colon to the list.
• Fluids – Taking enough fluids as part of the colon cleanse diet is very important. A good approach would be to eat food that have a good water content and still take additional fluids. Plain water will work just fine. Remember to follow the eight glass of water per day rule and you will see amazing results.